Monday, November 10, 2008

Cris' Club House

It's time for an update of sorts. . . . but first let me introduce you to "Cris' Club House". A.K.A. his comfy zone. . .his chill place . . . .his healing space. . . .I could go on and on. Good friends loaned us a hospital bed for his recovery time and it's helped so much. It has a remote that he can hold in one hand (he couldn't reach to push the buttons on the railing in the hospital) and he holds the TV remote in his other hand. What's not to like? Notice the relaxed posture. Yup, it's working.

There's a chair for visitors, balloons to add cheeriness, drinks, snack, cordless phone--it's all good.



The weekend went very well starting with his first major outing to Em's house to watch the BYU game with Sherod. As you can see from "The Shederton's" post, he had a great time. Sunday Cris felt stable enough for me to leave him alone while I went to see Owen and Liesl in their Children's Sac. Mtg. Program. I fed him lunch and then went to our stake conference. He did really well with all his remotes, phones, etc. in his club house. Each day gets a little easier with the transfers and he's eating and drinking much better.

Today was our first trip to the physical therapist for the pelvis. Results: Since there are still orders for no weight bearing on the left leg, we have homework assignments and won't go back for another 3 weeks to start learning to walk again. This is actually OK with me as I hear PT's get paid well (that'd be me) so I'm thinkin' a really good Christmas gift is coming my way. The elbow PT starts tomorrow, we'll see what they say about that.

Our ward family insists on bringing dinners this week and at first I felt it was unnecessary as there's just the two of us and food is NBD. It has, however, really helped, both in terms of great meals and moral support. We're in that in between phase: post trauma, pre-back-to-normal---much better but still emotionally fatigued. Again, we thank all of you for your love and support. Over and out.

6 comments:

Memzy said...

Do I have permission to make up some sort of a song or cheer about "Cris' Club House"?

Elder Jack Anderson said...

That white stripe around the wall is TDF! Talk about a cheer me up room! ha!

I loved talking to you yesterday. You are wonderful & amazing & hilarious.

Love you!

Carol said...

Memzy--yes you have permission. Get your team together and come perform.

Carol said...

Everyone--Tiffers gets credit for the white stripe around the green room. I totally copied it from her. BTW--the info I gave you was accurate. Memzy--none yo! :)

J-Lo said...

Does Cris' hangout have any additional features that mimick the joys of the SNF (e.g. you walking around in a cute nurse's outfit?:)

martha said...

LOOKING GREAT THE 2 OF YOU. WE ARE SO GRATEFUL ALL IS AS YOU SAY GETTING TO BE NORMAL, AS BEFORE THE FALL.. TOO MUCH TO THINK ON.. LOVE YOU BOTH AND ALWAYS IN OUR PRAYERS THE ROSS'S