Thursday, September 4, 2008

PARKS PALS TEAM--Walk to Defeat ALS

Walk to Defeat ALS 2006
Thought I'd share these cute pictures of some of our munchkins supporting Papa in the ALS Walk in 2006. We were actually on a trip with Em and Sherod and could not attend the walk but Becca rallied her troups (her generous heart volunteered to watch Em's boys so we could have this special trip together) and participated in the walk.

This year we are all fired up. PARKS PALS is our name--raising money for research and services to those affected by ALS is our game. We have been the recipient of services and medical equipment and we can't tell you how much it has helped. There IS hope--we just have to find the answer. In the mean time the services we receive improve quality of life and sometimes even extend it.

Here's a link to our webpage is you're interested in having a looky-loo. Please don't feel obligated in any way. We just wanted you to know what we're up to.

http://web.alsa.org/site/TR/Walks/GreaterLosAngelesWalk/1773420735?px=1566440&pg=personal&fr_id=4260

3 comments:

Memzy said...

I think we should do shirts again this time. I'll get to work on that. I'm thinking something along the lines of "Team Papa" or "The Uncle Visor Club"

Carol said...

Shirts are a great idea. I got some good resource suggestions from the kick-off open house tonight. I need to make a banner too, etc. etc. We'll talk

Elder Jack Anderson said...

I did iron-on things for Youth Conference and they turned out great! Then you can have as many colors as you want on the shirts.

I wish I could be there to walk!!!